- abbr. European Economic Community.
* * *nounan international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members-
he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union• Syn:↑European Union, ↑EU, ↑European Community, ↑EC, ↑European Economic Community, ↑Common Market, ↑Europe• Hypernyms: ↑world organization, ↑world organisation, ↑international organization, ↑international organisation, ↑global organization• Member Meronyms:↑Denmark, ↑Kingdom of Denmark, ↑Danmark, ↑Sweden, ↑Kingdom of Sweden, ↑Sverige, ↑Germany, ↑Federal Republic of Germany, ↑Deutschland, ↑FRG, ↑Finland, ↑Republic of Finland, ↑Suomi, ↑Greece, ↑Hellenic Republic, ↑Ellas, ↑Italy, ↑Italian Republic, ↑Italia, ↑Austria, ↑Republic of Austria, ↑Oesterreich, ↑Belgium, ↑Kingdom of Belgium, ↑Belgique, ↑United Kingdom, ↑UK, ↑U.K., ↑Britain, ↑United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, ↑Great Britain, ↑Ireland, ↑Republic of Ireland, ↑Irish Republic, ↑Eire, ↑France, ↑French Republic, ↑Netherlands, ↑The Netherlands, ↑Kingdom of The Netherlands, ↑Nederland, ↑Holland, ↑Luxembourg, ↑Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, ↑Luxemburg, ↑Portugal, ↑Portuguese Republic, ↑Spain, ↑Kingdom of Spain, ↑Espana
* * *
* * *abbrevEuropean Economic Community
* * *EEC (no periods),European Economic Community.
* * *abbr.■ European Economic Community■ echoencephalograph
* * *EEC [EEC] ;
Useful english dictionary. 2012.